Back to "About IABA"
To Be The Best
To provide the most advanced and highest possible quality services in support of people challenged by a developmental disability. Our goal is to assure the highest quality of life possible for the people we serve by enabling them to live regular lives in natural settings with full, positive and valued community presence and participation. In accordance with our mission, this includes people who have challenging behavior as well as people who do not.
To develop and pioneer the use of positive, state of the art behavioral strategies in support of our vision, mission and values.
Dissemination and Education
To be active nationally and internationally as a source for training and consultation in the areas of positive behavioral support, instructional strategies and total quality assurance systems.
To take advantage of the growth and expansion opportunities consistent with our mission in Southern California, Northern California and nationally, but only at a pace and with identified management resources that assure our reputation as the best.
Contribution to Society
To successfully introduce quality products and services that contribute to society and to the lives of people. These products and services include positive behavioral support, instructional strategies and total quality assurance systems.
Focused on the People We Serve, our Employees, and our Reputation and Fiscal Health
- Person-centered services
- Empowerment of the individual
- Positive and valued community presence and participation
- Positive relationships with family, friends and neighbors
- Good quality of life
- Outstanding employees who enjoy their work, build good relationships with the people we serve, excel in their jobs and work together with managers who are empowering
- Working conditions that foster constant improvement and open communication
- Salaries in top 10% for comparable positions state-wide
- Support of the employee and their family
- Consumer-centered, consumer first
- Leader in providing quality services in support of people striving to achieve valued roles and life styles
- Support of people with challenging behavior to maximize quality of life
- Pioneer in the development and use of exclusively positive behavioral strategies, in support of our mission, vision and values.
- Management excellence
- Retained earnings maintained at a minimum of 50% of total assets
- 5% of gross revenues contributed to retained earnings each year
- Cost of central office no more than 10% of total expenses
- The Golden Rule
- The continuous process of becoming
for the people we serve
for our agency
- Seeing opportunity in apparent future
- Organizational excellence
- Management and staff competence
- Focus on outcomes
- Exceeding expectation of the people and families we serve
- Fiscal health
- Using only positive behavioral strategies, when necessary, to support valued place in the community
- Real, positive relationships between staff and the people we serve
Back | Top of Page